In 2012, Carpenter received two industry awards from American Metal Market and R&D Magazine.
• Best Mergers & Acquisitions Award from American Metal Market for the acquisition of Latrobe Specialty Metals. The company was among five finalists nominated for the award and was also highlighted as finalists in three additional categories including Industry Ambassador/Advocate of the Year for Dr. Sunil Widge, and Best Innovation and Best Operational Improvements for Phased Array.
• Carpenter's Powder Products division manufactured the powder used in a 2012 R&D 100 Award Winner, NanoShield Coatings. This award recognized the 100 most technologically significant products introduced during the previous year.
Carpenter has also been recognized by environmental organizations for the company’s efforts to recycle, reuse and responsibly manage our natural resources. Environmental awards have included:
• Berks County Conservancy Community Excellence Award
• Pennsylvania Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence
In addition, Carpenter has consistently earned recognition as a preferred or quality supplier from customers including:
• Boston Scientific
• Eaton Corporation
• Hamilton Sundstrand
• Mercury Marine
• Pratt and Whitney
• SPS Fastener Division of Precision Castparts Corporation
• United Technology Corp.